Just Announced - another audition date!!
AUDITIONS FOR THE 2017/18 ENSEMBLE ARE NOW OPEN!
The Act-Belong-Commit WA Youth Theatre Ensemble is our premier training program with weekly engagements from September 2017 - March 2018.
The direction of the Ensemble is by WAYTCO Executive Producer, artist James Berlyn. Participants will be taken through a series of interdisciplinary performance workshops that focus on a broad range of contemporary performance and performance-making skills led by highly experienced tutors and artists.
ENSEMBLE MEMBERS WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Hands on, professional training and weekly engagements with a variety of credentialed professional theatre artists working locally and nationally.
- Regular workshops and classes.
- A final showcase for family and friends.
- First round audition opportunities for all WAYTCo shows and performance events.
- Acting as WAYTCo ambassadors-attending events such as theatre shows, season launched and other industry occasions to represent WAYTCo, it's members and the Ensemble.
Tuesday 22 August, 4:30pm - 6:30pm, Level 1, King Street Arts Centre, 357 Murray Street, Perth
Ensemble Auditions will be run as a two-hour workshop although you may not be required to stay for the full two hours.
Please come ready to work in comfortable gym clothes suitable for a movement class. We ask you to prepare a 2-minute monologue of your choosing to perform on the day. You will also be given an additional text and other performance activities to work on during the session.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated participants aged between 16-26 from all backgrounds and levels of ability interested in contemporary interdisciplinary theatre practice.
- To audition you must be a current member of WAYTCo. To find out whether you hold a current membership or for more details email, email@example.com.
- The Ensemble training program costs $500; this covers all of the tuition and classes during your ensemble engagement.
- Prior performance experience is welcomed but not essential.
- English, as your first language is not essential.
- Flexible availability throughout 2016 and early 2017 for workshops and performances.
- A desire to create and perform with other young artists.