Western Australia’s leading youth theatre company is seeking an experienced General Manager to lead the operations and successes of this highly regarded arts organisation in a start-up environment.
The General Manager works closely with the Executive Producer to enable talented and committed young people to achieve their potential in the performance and production of high quality creative works.
This position has become available due to the current General Manager’s recent maternity announcement.
WAYTCo is a not-for-profit, members based, arts organisation based in Perth that has evolved over the past 28 years to become a home for emerging artists and captivating new works. We provide opportunities to young people aged 13-26 to creative development and training in theatre making and performance skills.
Please see www.waytco.com for more information.
Remuneration: $70 000 pro rata + superannuation. Part-time, 0.6 FTE per week. Plus 9.5% superannuation and phone allowance.
The General Manager has the following key responsibilities:
- Driving the Company’s strategic direction, establishing and developing relationships with partners, supporters and funders
- Using demonstrated business acumen managing WAYTCo’s finances
- Inspiring strategic and tactical marketing activities – particularly digital media
- Accurately reporting to the relevant funding agencies and sponsors
- Preparing high quality funding applications and acquittals
- Staying in touch with our growing membership, the arts and business sectors so the Company’s value is understood and admired
- Overseeing Company activities that fit with WAYTCo’s strategic directions
- Documenting and celebrating Company successes and applying lessons learned
The General Manager reports to the Board of Management and is supported by an Executive Producer and Bookkeeper.
- A proven track record in arts or business management. Demonstrated experience in fund raising, relationship building and maintaining successful relationships with government, philanthropic partners and corporate entities
- Demonstrated experience in financial management including reporting, budgets, reporting and audit preparation
- Demonstrated experience in implementing earned income initiatives and business development strategies
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to lead a small team, be self-directed and motivated
- Ability to work creatively with young people and arts workers
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the small to medium arts sector an advantage
- Working with Children Check and Police clearance required
- Tertiary qualification in Arts Management, Theatre Studies, Business Management or related experience a significant advantage
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION
To be considered for this position, please submit a current resume and cover letter outlining your response to the above selection criteria along with the names and contact details of two professional referees.
For the full recruitment pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by 5pm Tuesday 19 June, 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications are to be addressed to: Carmel McKie: email@example.com
ENQUIRES: Enquires about the position can be made on: (08) 9226 2144